Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Reincarnation: I Have Returned! - Announcements Involving Streaming, Blogging and More!

So you may have noticed that I haven't been around... anywhere in the last several months.

Long story short I stopped playing World of Warcraft for about five months or more for a multitude of reasons. I decided to take a break when my raid group broke up due to poor attendance because of burn out at the end of the expansion and ended up playing Wildstar. There, I met a guy and we ended up dating for four months and we spent pretty much 100% of our time together. So I didn't raid in anything, I didn't stream, I didn't really take any time to do any of the things that I wanted to do because I felt like I needed to spend all of my time with him. I also started school in August and wanted to take it super seriously (didn't happen as much as I wanted it too but it is still going well).

I initially wasn't very interested in World of Warcraft because he hadn't played in many many years and there was no way that he was going to be able to get into any really competitive raid group and I wasn't very interested in raiding casually or below my skill level just to play with him. Now that I'm back on my lonesome I kind of got my fire back for WoW.

I'm currently raiding with a guild called <Crossfire> on US-Thrall Horde side and am very happy since they have a long history of end game progression that ends with the final boss dying. That is a problem I generally have with guilds is that I get up to the final bosses of the tier, usually the last 3 and never actually clear them on Heroic.

You may have noticed that I have been super active on Youtube distributing SWTOR content. As people might know, 2 years ago when I made this super beast computer it was for two primary reasons. For streaming and to put all of the class story lines for SWTOR on Youtube as I was super in SWTOR at the time that I made the computer and was into the stories a lot. Recently, SWTOR released the announcement of their third expansion pack and if you preordered and remained a subscriber you would get 12x experience on class quests, making it possible to level completely through class story quests and nothing else.

Last WoW expansion, I did nothing but play WoW for the longest time and burned myself out so for the month or so before WoW's new expansion I haven't been touching it at all so that I don't get burned out again. So this month I'm pretty much playing SWTOR exclusively, doing one Act of a class a day and uploading the previous class to Youtube. That has pretty much been taking up 100% of my time after I finish school work for the day. So for the coming month there will be tons of SWTOR content on my Youtube channel.

As for the stream, I'm not going to be streaming until Warlords of Draenor is released since I pretty much spend my entire day recording SWTOR and by the time I finish it's so late at night I'm exhausted and ready to bed or just chill out.

So the streaming will return 11/14/2014 with a 24 hour stream during the launch of Warlords of Draenor. I will then try to stream at least 4 hours a day (probably 8pm-12am) everyday. I will be streaming guaranteed WoW Mythic raiding Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm-12am EST. The plan is to also find a casual guild in Star Wars and raid one or two days a week on off days once the new expansion drops in December. Streaming has always been a strong passion of mine and I wish I had been more consistent with it over the past two years but I've been super discouraged lately since I've been away for so long.

Thank you so much to everyone who has continued to read this blog. I, once again, did not get into the Warlords of Draenor beta so it was difficult to get any information that wasn't released on MMO Champion and that I couldn't get any hands on experience with it which is really annoying as someone who has been playing every Blizzard game since Vanilla religiously that I still can't get into a beta to create content for myself. Sorry, rant over. And since I've been away from the game for so long I haven't kept up to date with everything so jumping headfirst into the launch will be an experience. I am, however, going to get one of my friends to let me log into his beta account just so that I can make a blog post about what blue gear we'll be going for in Warlords and where to get it so keep a look out for that!

Thank you so much to everyone who has kept reading this blog, or messaged me on various games and Twitter and kept and touch during the last several months it has really meant a lot to me and I am glad to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment