Sunday, October 30, 2016

WWE Hell in a Cell 2016 - Predictions

Pre-Show: Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado and Sin Cara vs Tony Nese, Drew Gulak and Ariya Daivari

Winner: Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado and Sin Cara

Does anyone care about this match? I mean, I know it's on the pre-show so probably not but WWE hasn't been putting anything into the Cruiserweight Division and I had to even look up who was face and who was heel (although I shouldn't have really because Daivari being on a team obviously means they're the heels since... foreigners I guess?) in order to make this prediction. It's the pre-show, they're gonna start off with a baby face win with a bunch of guys no one really cares about. Which is a shame because I liked the old Cruiserweights in WWE/WCW.

The New Day [c] vs Cesaro and Sheamus

Winners: The New Day Retains

Cesaro and Sheamus definitely need the win more, they're a newly established tag-team that won't last long together without something to hold them like the tag-team titles. Similar to Kane and Daniel Bryan who had a wonderful run together as the tag-team champions back to 2012, Cesaro and Sheamus don't really have any reason to continue working together if they lose this match. But they will, because you can count on one thing to overshadow actual story telling in the WWE and that is Vince McMahon's ego. Anytime someone leaves the company on a bad note or does something after they leave the WWE always does whatever they can to scrub that person from the history books in anyway possible. The most recent example of this was Nikki Bella's ceremoniously beating AJ Lee's record title reign before she had even left and removing her from all promotional video packages for the Women's Championship at Wrestlemania 32. With a long reign like 478 days WWE (held by Demolition who are currently have a concussion lawsuit against the WWE) won't want to have to start over when the New Day are only about 43 days from beating it. New Day will retain until the TLC or the Rumble.

Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs The Club

Winners: The Club

Although I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Enzo and Cass win, I think the Club is going to be the ones who take the titles off the New Day when they do end up dropping them. If The Club win and go for the titles at TLC and win and Finn Balor returns at the Rumble, win and then take the title at Wrestlemania then the Balor Club will hold all of the gold as they should. The Club losing will ruin the big of development they have had lately being big bad guys that destroy everyone. If they beat Enzo and Cass tonight this puts them on the track to a title shot.

Bayley vs Dana Brooke

Winner: Bayley

I wrestled with this one a lot, my initial reaction was actually Dana Brooke because I think it would feed into a feud that Charlotte and Dana will be having soon "I'm better than you because I beat Bayley and you didn't" but the more I think about it the more I change my mind. Whoever wins this match ultimately doesn't matter. Dana can attempt to interfere, ruin it for Charlotte and the feud writes itself whether she wins or not and if my prediction for the HIAC match is correct Bayley winning won't matter either because she won't be going for the title yet. This leaves Bayley in a really weird position to where I don't know who she'll feud with after this.

TJ Perkins [c] vs THE Brian Kendrick

Winner: THE Brian Kendrick Becomes New Champion

TJ Perkins feels like he's had the title forever at this point (even though it hasn't been that long in fairness) and the WWE are trying to sell it like this is Kendrick's last chance at the title. It wouldn't make much sense for him to lose tonight and then get another title shot down the line. Kendrick is definitely someone that they want and need to get the title too and TJ Perkins going after the title after Kendrick does something super underhanded to win, like hitting him with the title.

Roman Reigns [c] vs Rusev

Winner: Rusev Becomes New Champion

So... here's the thing... one of the three major titles that are happening in Hell in a Cell need to change to hands. They have to. If all three Hell in a Cells end in retaining of the title and the only title that changes is the Cruiserweight (assuming even that title changes hands) it will be a pretty boring night. Of the three Hell in a Cell matches happening, none of them really seem like they are going to change hands but if I had to pick one it would have to be Reigns vs Rusev. 

Kevin Owens [c] vs Seth Rollins

Winner: Kevin Owens Retains

Rollins won't be winning the title anytime soon, Rollins will be going against Triple H at Wrestlemania 33 and we're so close to the build up for Wrestlemania there's no point in him winning the title just to drop it two months later because there is no point in Rollins vs Triple H being a title match because Trips isn't going over regardless. I don't know how this is going to go since Chris Jericho is leaving relatively soon (I thought he was actually meant to be gone by now) so him interfering or doing much of anything won't matter. Triple H showing up and helping Owens win is likely since he hasn't been seen and it's kind of necessary if they wanna build up Rollins v HHH especially since he hasn't been seen at all.

Sasha Banks [c] vs Charlotte

Winner: Sasha Banks Retains

God, I want this to be the Main Event so bad but with Triple H probably interfering in the Owens vs Rollins match it probably won't. (Editor's Note: I was literally in the middle of typing this sentence when I got tweeted that it will in fact be going on last!) Sasha is going to retain. I highly doubt they are going to do another 1 month reign with Sasha and Charlotte needs to go on to face Dana/Bayley for a while so the Sasha vs Bayley or Triple Threat match can happen at WM33. Sasha is going to retain and I think Nia Jax is going to come in at the end during the celebrations, rip the door open and destroy both Sasha and Charlotte leaving them both lying and raising the Women's Championship as the last shot of the night. I also am quite scared for this match. I think it will be great, but with Sasha and Charlotte wanting to prove to everyone that Women's Wrestling is just as good as or better and will take a lot of risks. I think there will be a lot of dangerous spots. Someone's going through a table, Natural Selection on the steps and I think it might end with a Bank Statement with a Kendo Stick variation. And I fully expect one of them to bleed. I just hope they both make it out of the Cell without someone being hurt because I love both Women and I want them to be wrestling for at least another 10-15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment